Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Big Day

Tomorrow is Surgery Day. As you can see in the picture, it NEEDS to happen. I am so excited for Ava, but at the same time I am terrified that something will go wrong. Fortunately, her surgery will be performed at EW Sparrow Hospital, which is our regional trauma center. My logical brain tells me that Ava will be fine. So why am I so worried that I will have to learn the answer to 'how will I survive without her???'

Yesterday I took her Easter gifts to her, just in case she isn't feeling well on Easter Sunday. Ladies, I highly recommend purchasing a dump truck for your daughters! Ava LOVED it. She also loved the plush duck puppet that quacks out several tunes, but the truck really got her going. *Nancy, my granddaughter is a wheel spinner!* It didn't help that I flipped the truck over and showed her how to spin to her heart's content. I don't know if it's a good idea to encourage the spinning; I do know that Ava loves it!

I will let you all know how the surgery goes. Happy Easter!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Kim, I am going ot have you all in my thought all day tomorrow...If at all possible have Laura call me at work or something...I want to know everything...we are doing the same surgery on the 24...

Don't worry I do not think that you are going to have to go through life with out her....

Bye bye baby crossed eys...so cute

Nancy said...

Godspeed, Ava. We will be praying for you. You are one strong little girl and will be just fine. It's the rest of us who need most of the prayers!

Ah, the little autistic quirks. Spinning still brings Erik great joy, and it has not slowed him down in the learning department one bit. We have, however, limited his truck collection. :)

Kati said...

I hope everything was fine!!!! Please let us know that you are all okay :)

Love, Kati

Teresa and Shawn said...

We will be keeping Ava in our prayers today (Friday) for her surgery. Please let us all know how it went. She is just so sweet!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there and do your gramma thing. It's so important for everyone! Good for you with the dump truck. We all have our little pleasures, and these kids earn theirs. My sincere prayers are with all of you.

Jean (Erik's gramma)